Sunday, March 15, 2020

COVID19 Journal...bend over and kiss your ass goodbye because there is no toilet paper

March 15, 2020

I am not sure how many of you know I blog, but it is basically a place to store my writing...LOL
But I will be journaling here for awhile because of the Covid19 pandemic. I believe it is important to chronicle what goes on in situations like this. 

One of the big issues right now 3 days after President Trump declaring a National Emergency is that the folks who have not been believing or paying attention are going to stores and there are no supplies, especially toilet paper. This cracks me up because you can wipe your ass with just about anything so I don't understand why this is an issue, but it is. People on Facebook are calling those who stocked up "hoarders" and "selfish" but in my opinion they are smart, realistic and prepared. 

Schools have closed for at least two weeks so we can self quarantine. It is unbelievable to me, but some parents are taking this as a time to go on vacation with their kids. That is selfish and borders on child abuse. Imagine all of the people they could be infecting. It's crazy. A friend of mine drove to Colorado to ski and when she got there found out the slopes are closed! Imagine THAT!!

My husband and I are at high risk and are lucky enough to have enough money to purchase things we need to stock up on. I cannot imagine the poor people who don't have credit cards or savings to use to get supplies before we are on lockdown. It breaks my heart. 

Pete and I grew up in the cold war with doom and gloom hanging over our heads every day, including nuclear war drills in school, so we are always kind of prepared for the worst at all times. We have the tools you need to make bread. We live near a mountain where we could get deer meat if we had to. My daughter lives down the road and has chickens so we have eggs out the ole wazoo!
We have an alternative heat source and know where springs are up on the mountain. We got a months medicine and have some Synthroid for me that is not the right milligrams from times they changed my meds mid-month so I won't die in 6 weeks if I don't have it. We have cold meds, water, solar generator and that's about all we need.

I will blog again tomorrow with updates. Not time to kiss your ass goodbye yet. Will let you know.
It's The Simple Life by Teena D

No comments:

Post a Comment