Sunday, March 1, 2015

There's always one

Whenever you go to a function there is always ONE...you know that person who needs for the whole place to know THEY are there. They are the person who hoots and hollers way too much or goes and talks to the band or the organizer after the event is over to make sure that person knows THEY were there.

Sometimes I am that person. I just realized it last night. I feel bad for performers when the entire audience is silent, or just claps a little. It makes me feel bad so I take it upon myself to Whooo hooo or clap loudly, even if  I don't think the song is very good.

I also like to go talk to the performers or organizers to pick their brains about things that weren't said. It's the news reporter in me. I always, always have a question that wasn't answered in the speech or the performance.

But last night was exceptional! We went to a great concert and this old man, lets call him Rummy, came in already snookered. As my mom would say, "He had a toot on."

He could barely walk and decided everyone at this concert was against him, including the performers. he screamed,"FUTT YOU" at the musicians, threw up on the table and, the best part, started a fight with someone at the next table.

Now let me tell you, Ole Rummy could hardly stand up and he had, at one point, fell asleep in his nachos. He was elderly and drunk and the person he chose to pick a fight with was like, well, Vin Diesel.

I nudged my husband and said, "Look over there. This oughta be good."

Yea, I know we are a little sick. But the old guy was with two handlers and Vin Diesel was with a couple guys who were with the band. So, I figured it would fizzle out before it started but you just never know. People watchin' at it's best!

So, the old drunk guy, tries to reach over and grab this hulk of a young man several times and his handlers pull him back before ole Vin even notices him but eventually, because the Rummy was told not to do it he keeps tryin', eventually the Rummy grabs Vin's shirt. I am like, ok it's on!

The handlers are pullin' Rummy back by his shirt trying to get him to sit in his chair. Vin is lookin' at these people like What the FUTT is goin' on and Pete and I, along with all the other attendees, had dinner and a show!

While Rummy is still fighting with his handlers, the two guys at Vin's table step between Rummy and Vin just to make sure nothin' happens and Rummy starts heavin' again on the table. Man, I was so wantin' to see if Vin could be quick enough to not get barfed on during the fight...

So, Rummy lost to Vin because he needed to barf.

The handlers get him to leave. Rummy falls down out in the parking lot.But they get him into the car. The handlers come back for their stuff and the area is Lysol-led. We tell Vin we would have paid 50 bucks for THAT pay per view fight! We all laugh and watch the real show.

Then about an hour later the handlers come back, completely unnerved by an entire room of people seeing their friend barfing, starting fights and screaming at people. They sit down and enjoy the show completely unnerved by the events earlier that evening.

THEY were gonna get their money's worth. Now THAT is enabling at its best.

1 comment: