Monday, January 12, 2015

My Big Fat Fabulous Life??!!! "Futt" me!! I call Shenanighans!!

This is among the millions of ideas that have made someone a millionaire that I THOUGHT OF or have lived through!! Included in this list is basically Kathy Griffin's entire standup routine and Early Childhood Intervention for special needs children! In this case it's fat chicks feeling good about themselves.

I have been fat my whole damn life and this chick does a dance on You Tube with her fat self hangin' out all over the place and she is the "face" for fat! I think not.

She just said on a NBC Today Show interview that she was prom queen and did not get fat until college when she was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which I feel bad about because that is a horrific disease. But...

PROM QUEEN????

She is not allowed to be the poster girl for fat chicks unless:
  •  she went to at least one high school dance with "the gay guy who wasn't out yet"
  •  she bought men's shoes and clothes because they didn't make fat girl clothes 
  • she sewed her own clothes because they didn't make fat girl clothes
  •  she wore sandles in the NY winter that were a size too small so you could fit in at a disco because they didn't make fat girl shoes
  •  she had the entire Elementary school stop talking in the gym when it was her turn to get weighed
  •  she had a song about fat people sung to her like..."Teena Teena two by four, can't get through the bathroom door, so she peed on the floor."
  • she has had to ask for the extender on an airplane seatbelt
  • she has sat for a 5 hour plane, train or taxi, ride; or a baseball, basketball, football, hockey game with her arms folded across her chest so as not to blub over into the next person's personal space because she didn't have a way to sit "fat, skinny, fat, skinny" with the people she came with
  • she had a hot guy ask her out on a date, pick her up and take her directly to his apartment expecting sex cuz she is the fat chick who can't get laid
  • she was told by a gym teacher that she really did a nice job on the balance beam for a heavy girl and then got sent to the principal's office for telling the big busted gym teacher she did a really good job not falling over for a women with such a big chest  
  • and...drum roll please...she had a teenage boy working at an amusement park climb onto the safety bar at the roller coaster to make it close, saying, as he jumped up and down on the bar, "Don't worry we'll get you on this ride." in front of a crowd of people waiting their turn. It didn't close and she had to get off!
So, "Futt" her and her fat dancing! She is NOT the face of the fat chick! Any girl over a size 10 who was raised in the '60s, '70s, or '80s  is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God those '90s chicks had Queen Latifa, J-LO (yes, her fat ass got talked about all the time - ask her), and Oprah to help them rock the fat chick style as they grew up.

Despite all of this pain she did NOT endure, I am with her on the liking yourself aspect. Somehow, despite all of the torment concerning my fat self, I always liked who I was as a person and felt pretty. Alot of that self confidence was because of my mother who always told me how great I was. She also would say things like, "Do you really want to wear THAT?" and "See those dancers have fat legs like you. You should be a dancer when you grow up." But I wrote that off to her being an old lady and not knowing anything about dancing or style.

Living with fat is one of the hardest challenges in our society. Being fat is one of the last prejudices that is still acceptable across cultures.

Just because you're fat doesn't mean your not healthy. It doesn't mean your lazy or out of control. It may mean those things but it is not a universal definition that can be applied to the fat population. It doesn't mean you're jolly or unhappy with how you look.

Being fat is just like having blonde hair. You can do something about it if you want or be happy with what you have: dye it brown or go on a diet; leave it blonde or rock your fat self. That's all...nothing more.

As for me, it turns out I had thyroid cancer and have been healthy ever since I had that taken care of 20 years ago - fat and healthy. I work out, eat right most of the time, drink too much some of the time, and make an effort every single day to live a healthy, centered life.

It's more than alot of people even try to do.

I am strong, smart, powerful, peaceful, centered, fat, and BEAUTIFUL!!

I hope this fat girl and her jiggly dancing can help young people change their mind about beauty. But we really need to get a new face on this show...it's like casting an Italian guy as a Native American in those B westerns or a straight guy in Brokeback Mountain...really? (There weren't ANY gay actors who could play those guys in Brokeback Mountain? ) Find a fat chick who deserves to be "the face" of the Big Fat Fabulous Life.

I would be more than happy to give them a couple of names...:)


BTW, I was a size 14-16 in high school and wore a size 10 M shoe. The principal laughed so hard he almost peed and told me to sit in the waiting room for a little while then go back to class. The school nurse whispered my height and weight to the woman writing it down, it was 146 pounds and 5 feet 6 inches - I was in third grade. My friend came out when he was in his 30s. And the hot guy...he had a very small problem that could NEVER be fixed...and that's all I will say about THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment