Monday, January 19, 2015

We really are kinda sick

Have you heard of the new game, "Cards Against Humanity"? Well, it's basically "Apples to Apples" but with really sick shit answers.

"And the Academy Award for ________ goes to __________." is an example of one of the cards you need to answer. You have the answers in your hand and you submit an answer to the person with the question card. He/She picks the one they think is most fitting or sick or demented and if it's your card you win.

Win...a term I use loosely considering you have won the award for being the sickest mother futter.

Some of the answers include; dead babies, Hitler's dead body, and several sex acts that even I did not know what they were and had to Google them:  let's just say it included body parts and orifices that really should NOT have anything to do with sex.

My point is that you really have to be kinda sick to think this is funny, which we are! And not for nothin', but my family has been playing our own version of this game forever. It's called "What would you do for a million dollars" and gets very graphic and sick. 

The prompting for this game is not from cards but from each other. One person egging the other person on creates an environment mold could live in. It started with, "Would you have sex with _________ for a million dollars?" and has escalated from there. The price has gone up too. We all said we would do just about anything for a million so our family could be financially set forever ten years ago. 

Now, we are like, "No way, a million ain't enough!"

So, it has become what would you do for a billion dollars. Questions arise about ethics and how long you would spend in jail, what state you are in because some have the death penalty and legal questions about whether you would get the money if it's a crime.

All of this is good interaction for adults. But it gets pretty heated and loud and bleeds into dinner time and it is not Sunday dinner table talk!!! So, it has been banned from Sunday dinner along with Monopoly and Risk, two board games that have wreaked such havoc in our home my grown, intelligent, loving children are no longer allowed to play them. 

Can you spell COMPETITIVE?

Anyway, I never get involved in all of this stuff because I am very ZEN of late. I am unbelievably honest, to the point of thinking that trying grapes in a super market is stealing. So, the fact that I love this game has me very concerned. It's sick! It's demented! And almost as fun as the time I cheated at Risk, stealing people's armies while they were arguing over deals made and broken, until at some point I had so many armies in North America someone said, "Hey MOM, are YOU cheating?" 

I took over the world that night and no one suspecting me because I am such an honest person. There is something to be said for that. All angels have a little bit of devil ...even ME.

And "Cards Against Humanity" is one of the best games I have ever played! Let your sick side rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment