Sunday, January 11, 2015

Starting a blog sucks!

 

OK, so this not so old broad, who has been published in several magazines and newspapers; has edited more than her fair share of articles written by freelance Pennsylvanian's who do not know how to use the words "to be" properly; who took a little detour from writing when life hit the fan and who is quite talented, if I do say so myself, has spent most of the day trying to figure out how to be relevant in the world of publishing. Apparently, one has to have a "presence". A web presence to be precise. This presence includes blogs, and tweets, and Facebook and other social media. Well, let me tell you...it ain't easy.

What ever happened to a nice cover letter pitching your article, a nice rejection letter telling you that you are a horrible writer and chocolate and wine while you cry to your significant other about the woes of the artist inside you...those days are gone!

My eyes are sore, I cried more than once today just trying to set up all of this "presence" and my creative juices have turned into vinegar. But, I have to stay relevant so here I am blogging, facebooking and getting myself presented.

I have this great book to pitch at some point, which is the end product of all of this gut wrenching work. So, if you will all bear with me I will eventually have something of substance for you to read in the end. But for now the let the blogging begin!

Follow, like and tweet away so I can someday have a lucrative career once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment